Environmentally friendly Packaging
Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an international programme promoting sustainable forest management. This is to ensure good practice in the forest and to ensure that timber and non-timber forest products are produced with respect for the highest ecological, social and ethical standards.
Forbes Packaging is committed to promoting sustainable forest management and has therefore implemented the chain of chain of custody requirements in accordance with the PEFC accreditation standard.
PEFC Certification means that the board used for our packaging comes from a sustainable source and there is a chain of custody tracking the board from the forest right down to the end product.
- Environmental – protects natural resources, stops forest losses, reduces pollution and toxic waste, does not compromise the needs of future generations.
- Social Benefits – protect workers rights, considers health and safety needs of communities.
- Economic benefits – a long-term sustainable income stream.
For more information about the PEFC programme, visit the PEFC website. https://www.pefc.org/
or watch the video:
Minimizing our carbon footprint is an ongoing process, one which Forbes Packaging is committed to.
We are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to reduce wastage and energy use not only in our own systems, but also for you as a retailer to promote your own products and brands.
We are certified to Enviro-Mark® Gold level.
At Forbes Packaging we maintain a robust and dynamic environmental management program. Forbes Packaging is committed to promoting sustainable forest management and has therefore implemented the chain of chain of custody requirements in accordance with the PEFC accreditation standard.
- All cardboard waste is recycled.
- Metals such as aluminum plates and ink tins are recycled.
- All cardboard used is sourced from well managed forests.
- New machinery has proved to reduce waste in production processes.
- All chemicals involved in the printing process are disposed of responsibly and recycled wherever possible.
- We are committed to reducing our waste and improving our environmental efficiency which is reflected in targets and monitoring throughout the company.
Forbes Packaging Environmental Policy
Forbes Packaging is a New Zealand; family owned manufacturing company who specialize in producing high quality point of sale cardboard packaging. Forbes Packaging is committed to corporate environmental responsibility.
We are committed to the protection of the environment by:
- Complying with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations;
- Preventing pollution; and
- Setting annual environmental objectives, programs and targets
- Considering our significant environmental aspects to continually improve our environmental performance
Each year we will decide upon a set of environmental objectives, programs and targets, which take into consideration our significant environmental aspects.
To achieve these commitments we have developed an Environmental Management System (EMS) which is certified through the Enviro-Mark® certification system.